The St. Croix International Waterway Commission reserves the right to limit the number of people, vehicles, and accommodations at each site, and to restrict open fires at any time. The SCIWC, while making every effort to look after your well-being, is not responsible for any personal injury, loss, or damage of personal property.
Camper responsibility: Campsite registrants are responsible for leaving their site in clean and sanitary condition upon departure and are responsible for the conduct of all people on their site during their stay.
Check In: After 2pm (Atlantic time)
Check out: 2pm (Atlantic time) Campers not vacating their site by this time will be charged for an additional night.
Fires: Fires are restricted to authorized site fire pits or to self-contained fire rings approved by the park manager. Park staff will dispose of all fire ashes-please consult with them for details. Open fires may be restricted at any time. It is the site registrant’s responsibility to obey all fire restrictions once informed.
Firewood: Please note that you will not be able to bring firewood across the border if travelling from the US. Firewood is available to purchase onsite and locally. Please do not remove trees from the park for campfires; destruction of living trees on Crown Lands and in protected areas may result in fines or charges. Consult with park staff if you have questions.
Firearms and fireworks: The possession or use of firearms, air arms or explosives is prohibited in the park AT ALL TIMES. Fireworks are NOT permitted. Failure to comply may result in additional charges or a future ban.
Recreational vehicles: Responsible use of properly licensed recreational vehicles (ATVs) is permitted on designated roadways. Please respect signage and barriers that are in place; these prevent shoreline erosion and destruction of campsites.
Garbage and waste: Users are responsible for taking all garbage and recyclables with them when they leave. Failure to leave the site clean may result in additional charges or future bans. Trailer users must contain all black and gray water and dispose of at proper dumping stations. There are no dumping facilities in our parks; illegal dumping will result in fines and bans from our facilities.
Hours and Occupancy: Park gates are open between 7 am and 11 pm Atlantic time. Camping is limited to a stay of 7 nights unless pre-arranged by SCIWC staff.
Quiet hours: To respect the wilderness character of this park, quiet is required throughout the park between 11 pm and 7 am. The use of generators is restricted to shorter hours – please consult staff for details. Please respect other users in the park and along the waterway and keep noise limited to your own site at all times.
Pets: Well behaved pets are welcome. Pets must be restrained (on leash or tied) and supervised at all times. Unsupervised animals will be reported to animal control.
Reservation and Cancellation Policy
- For all bookings, full payment is required. No sites will be held without payment.
- A non-refundable fee of $5 will apply to every reservation.
- Campsites that are paid in full will be held the first night, but if you do not arrive before 10 am the next day, the site will be forfeit, without refund.
- Cancellations made 14 days before arrival date will be refunded in full, minus the $5 fee described above.
- Any cancellations made within 14 days of the arrival date will not be refunded. Refunds will not be given for bad weather unless the campsites are inaccessible.
- Refunds will not be given to users who do not complete the terms of their reservation unless they have provided the SCIWC with the details of these changes 14 days prior to arrival.
- Once a booking has been completed, any changes to that reservation will result in a $5 fee. Please ensure that your reservation is correct at the time of booking. The exception to this is if you would like to extend your stay, or if you have additional tents with you at the time of arrival. These payments can be made at that time.
- The maximum stay at any of our sites is 7 consecutive nights. The exceptions to this are the four sites that have been designated for seasonal use at Spednic Lake Provincial Park.
Call our Office at: 1-207-952-9069
The SCIWC reserves the right to change these policies at any time, or to cancel a reservation at any time.