Canadian Heritage River Program Coordinator (one position)
Start date: July 2, 2013
Do you love the St. Croix River? Are you passionate about the environment, heritage, conservation and recreation? Are you a student looking for rewarding summer employment? The St. Croix International Waterway Commission would like to hear from you!
We are searching for a student to assist us with delivering our programs. You will be based out of our offices in St. Stephen and St. Croix, NB, but you will be travelling throughout the St Croix Waterway on a regular basis.
You will be helping the Executive Director with project development around the 9 core reporting areas for the Commission: Water, Fisheries, Planning, Land, Recreation, Heritage, Information, Economy and Other. You’ll learn about the internal mechanics of a non-profit organization, assisting the ED with administrative tasks and planning, updating social media and the SCIWC website.
We are looking for someone to bring creativity, energy and enthusiasm to:
· planning, organizing, and executing existing and new public events
· helping our Canadian Heritage River recreation staff when necessary
· attending public events on behalf of the SCIWC
· the Canadian Heritage River designation and aiding in meeting CHRS requirements
· planning and development of proposals for environmental, conservation, economic, and other work that the SCIWC will be carrying out in the future
· learning about non-profit financing and funding, creating funding proposals, reports
· aiding in strategic planning activities
· plus much more!
This will be a great opportunity for a student to be exposed to the multi-faceted, multi-tasking, rigorous and rewarding experience of working with an international not-for-profit. If you are studying sciences or environmental subjects, or are pondering a career in the charity sector, please apply!
You will be working as part of the summer Recreation Staff team, but you will also be working closely with the Executive Director and at times by yourself. You are self-motivated, organized, excellent at time management, prioritization and multi-tasking.
Partial funding for this position is provided by Service Canada’s Summer Jobs program. In order to be eligible for this position, you must:
· Be between 15 and 30 years of age;
· have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
· be a Canadian citizens or permanent residents or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible);
· have a valid passport and be able to travel freely to the US; and
· be legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Does this sound like you? Deadline for applications: 5 pm, June 3, 2013
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including details of why you would like to work with us and how your skills and experience relate to this position, to:
P.O. Box 2, St. Stephen, NB E3L 2W9
phone: 506-466-7550 cell: (506) 467-7558 fax: 506-466-7551